The Hall - Aftermath of a house fire

After six years of renovating a four storey luxury home in North Adelaide, a fire started in one of the walls of the top floor. 

The top floor including a cinema, two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living area were severely damaged and smoke and water seriously damaged the remaining floors, altogether causing an estimated $1.5 million damage. The fire occurred just days before a 100-guest black tie grand opening. 

The owners were asleep on the second floor bedroom when the fire broke out. Luckily, their dog Murphy woke them up by barking and they were able to escape uninjured. About forty fire-fighters had to cut through the roof to access the fire and use cranes to direct water onto the flames. 

Ironically, one of the owners founded and ran a fire prevention equipment company that sold, installed and maintained the equipment. The equipment was installed in the house, but not yet on the top level.